One of the problems that can affect men or women of any age group is an aching shoulder. When you overuse your ball-and-socket joint, you tend to put stress on your muscles, ligaments, and tendons which can lead to a lot of problems. It is essential to know the effective ways to treat yourself when you have shoulder pains. If you are looking for sports care in Smithtown, Block Chiropractic Sports & Wellness will provide you with the most helpful options in order to do so.
Here are some of the possible causes of shoulder pain:
- Rotator cuff tear
- Rotator cuff tendonitis
- Tennis shoulder
- Strain from an abrupt increase in activity
- Acromial spur
- A direct injury or blow
- Normal deterioration or aging of the tendon
Below are some of the problems that are associated with shoulder pain:
- When you are finding it difficult to raise your arm
- You always have aches on your shoulder whenever you are resting or in the night
- When you can’t lift or carry objects
For shoulder pain treatment & sports care in Smithtown:
Physical Therapy: This method is very useful when alleviating discomfort or stiffness, and it also includes these following modalities:
- Therapeutic Exercises: which comprises the range of motion, as well as strengthening and conditioning exercises. This type of exercises can help a patient to regain mobility again, and also enhance strength, which can return to the pre-injury activity level.
- Heat and Ice Application: This type of application is quite common. The ice packs help in bringing down pain and inflammation, and when these conditions are resolved, the use of a heating pad or hot pack can assist a patient to relax sore and tight muscles.
Massage: When you get a massage it helps reduce the stress that may be adding to shoulder pain. A massage can also enhance blood circulation in that same area which can hasten the healing process of shoulder pain and also help with the range of motion.
Chiropractic Care and Manipulation: A Chiropractic adjustment can help a patient aid in enhancing mobility and also reduce muscle spasms from occurring. Chiropractic care can help you to change your lifestyle and prevent such ailments or injuries further.
Finding the right specialist is important:
When you notice that the ache refuses to go away and it’s persisting for several days, contact us at Block Chiropractic Sports & Wellness. If you are looking for sports care in Smithtown, our team will work with you to determine which treatment option will be most effective for you.